Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jour de Hermès


Today I would like to talk about a lovely spring scent that I discovered back in 2013 but I love to use it also on gray rainy winter days. It reminds me about the lightness of the first sunshine and the smell of the first blooming flowers.
I am talking about “Jour d’Hermès” from Hermès. It has been heavily advertised during last year and I guess most of you have probably come across it one way or another.

It is very difficult to review a scent as it smells often times different on different skin types and everybody seems to smell something else. So here you find my personal thoughts and I remind you that you might feel different about this product.
“Jour d’Hermès” is an Eau de Perfume (do not confuse with "Jour d’Hermès Absolu"). It comes in 30ml, 50ml and 85ml. The 30ml cost 60 Euros. All the bottles are refillable. In that regard I purchased the smallest bottle and a refill. The refill contains 125ml and costs 115 Euros.

Here you can see both next to each other:


As you can observe the perfume is of a golden color and the product looks very valuable. The bottle is made from heavy glass (already the 30ml comes in a quite heavy bottle). On the glass foot it says “Jour d’Hermès”.



The scent of the perfume as already mentioned above reminds me of light flowers as they grow in spring. I can not detect any specific flower. It feels rather like a bouquet. The overall feel is light, floral and a tiny little bit creamy. It is a great scent for the day as it is not heavy at all. I wear the scent and I feel like I am in a wonderful garden. “Jour d’Hermès” is a quiet perfume all ingredients are in perfect harmony.

The lasting power of “Jour d’Hermès” is great. I use it at around 7am before I leave for work and the scent stays till I get back home around 6pm. It gets lighter during the afternoon hours but it does not disappear.

The line includes also bath product and a deodorant.


I also own the Body Lotion and the deodorant. Both products smell exactly the almost the same as the perfume and are both lovely.

The body lotion contains 200ml and costs around 50 Euros. It comes in a white plastic bottle that tries to imitate the shape of the perfume bottle.


The lotion is very liquid and dries down very quickly. It moistures very well (I do not have any major skin concern, so it might be different for others).
The scent from the lotion holds on around 3 to 4 hours. For me this is fine. I do not own many other lotion products that get into that level. Most disappear on me after half an hour.

The deodorant contains 150ml and costs 43 Euros.


It comes in a white container with a golden cap. It is a spray and it is very easy to use. It has pretty much the same scent as the perfume. I would say it is slightly sweeter but not much.

The quality of the product is fine. I live in a hot country and I do not have any issues using this product. It never let me down. It might be different individually so please try it out for yourself and report back.

Summing up:

Pros:


·                     Very Good Lasting Power for all products
·                     Great light scent. I personally love the smell of flowers
·                     Perfume is refillable!

Cons:


·                     Not cheap


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...