Saturday, March 1, 2014

Guerlain - Météorites Powder Pearls

After having shared with you my Primer and Foundation I would like to show you today my setting powder.

In my routine I am using the Perfecting Primer and then Lingerie de Peau. As finishing powder I am using the "Météorites Powder Pearls" in teint beige. I am using still the 'old' pearls and not the new version which was released as part of the Guerlain spring release 2014. I will speak about a few differences between the two versions a bit later.

I believe I paid around 45 Euros for the jar of powders pearls containing 30gr. of product.
This is how the jar looks like. It is made from metal (maybe tin or aluminum?). On top is a very nice floral decoration.



Opening the jar you find a white sponge which covers the pearls. I believe it is not intended for the application of the product, rather for protecting the sensible pearls when carrying around the jar.

Once you open the jar a sent of violets is set free. You either like the smell or not. I personally do not like the smell that much but I still manage to use the product as I do not feel the sent once the powder is applied. Also over time my pearls are not smelling as strong as in the first weeks, which is a plus for me.

The "Météorites Powder Pearls" are powder pearls in six different colors (Powder in different colors is pressed into pearls). This is how this looks:



I own color 02 teint beige which is the medium color.
The product is best applied with a brush and not a sponge, as a brush will take and distribute the powder better. I am using the "Météorites Powder Brush" but any other powder brush would probably do.

After my foundation is set I am applying this powder by turning my brush in the jar and then applying the powder over my foundation. I distribute the powder all over my face but not on the eye area as I found it to be drying my sensible skin around the eyes.

The effect of the powder is very difficult to be captured by camera as it does not actually add any color which one could observe. What the product does is that it adds a glow to the face which is the result of the different colored and textured pearls coming together. Some of the pearls are shimmering (in my case the white and golden ones) and they are making the skin look bright and glowing. Still the shimmer is very light and there is no effect which is comparable to a highlighter! So if you search for a highlighter this is not the product you are searching for. You may be disappointed.

The product is kind of invisible lightening the overall look.
I am using this as setting powder as it definitely makes my foundation stay longer. After application my skin is not shiny but also not looking matte. This was important to me as I do not like a full matte finish.
My skin is relatively dry and I do not need a touch up during the afternoon. If you have oily skin I do believe a touch up will be necessary as the powder is very light.

Summing up:

Pros:
  • Beautiful Product
  • Foundation stays longer
  • Reflects light and creates great finish
Cons:
  • Price!
  • The sent might not be loved by all

Let me have a few words how this compared to the new Powder Pearls which have been released lately in 2014.
As far as I see there is no big differences on the color level. The names of the colors where slightly changed. There is old "Teint Rose" almost as "02 Clair", old "Teint Beige" almost as "03 Medium", and old "Teint d'ore" almost as "04 Dore".
The new jars are designed a bit different and contain only 25gr of product while the old jars contained 30gr at the same price level! The pearls are supposed to be softer to make it easier to take the powder with the brush and to apply it. I never had any application problems so for me it is not such a big plus.

In my eyes the differences are minimal and I do not see any reason to purchase the new powder pearls. I might splurge on a limited edition for a nice color.

Have you tried the "Météorites Powder Pearls"? What are your experiences? Please share your thoughts below.

2 comments:

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...