Friday, November 18, 2016

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo


This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting way to look at my clutter at home and how I can be more arranged. 

I am not a messy person as such but I would also identify myself as a "using something and not returning it to where it belongs" kind of person.

So in her successful book Marie Kondo talks about the ways that are causing cutter in somebody's home and I did find myself in several of her examples. Ooops...

I liked her idea that the large well-known storage units usually are just bought by us to keep all our clutter allowing us to hide it from our eyes. Its so true, at least for me.
She is giving advice of how to get rid of things and more importantly what to get rid of. As we all have stuff that we feel emotionally connected to her method is not about throwing everything just out but to think about what to keep and how to storage it.

Her way of looking at belongings with more respect and care really touched me and I believe there is something about it. If you care for what you own that it will last longer. She also believes that living in a tidy space where we feel at home in, gives us a different look on things and helps us to achieve in life what we really want to do.

For everybody that is interested in getting more organized this book is a very nice guide into how to start tidying up your home. 
On a side note though...I am German so I have difficulties throwing away credit card bills and bank statements so I skipped that part of her book and filed them up neatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...