Thursday, March 13, 2014

Guerlain - Eye Shadow Rue de Passy

Today I would like to show you one of my favorite eye shadows. It is "Rue de Passy" from Guerlain.
When I purchased it I originally did not have the intention to buy any eye shadow but I was convinced by the SA after this was applied on me and I understood how versatile it is. You can get so many looks with the colors it is unbelievable!

It is on the pricey end for around 76 Euros but you get six lovely colors of eye shadow.
This is how it looks like. It comes in a little black velvet cover. As all Guerlain products it is having a very pretty packaging. Also very convenient is the included mirror. 




Here is a closer look at the colors.


On the upper left corner is a matte tan color. Underneath to the left is a rosy nude which is also having a matte finish. Right at the center is a light pink color which has a shiny/pearly finish. At the bottom is a satin chocolate brown. On top of it is a darker brown with a nice satin finish. All at the right is a matte black color.
All to the bottom of the palette is a nice little brush. It makes application very easy.


Applied on skin it looks like that:


I applied all colors heavily in order to show the differences. On skin you see that the two left nude/light brown colors are not too different. The light pink applies very pearly on skin that you almost do not see that it is pink. On my eyes it looks rather white. 

For me these colors are very useful. I use them for smoky eyes or for simple single application. For a simple look I can use the left rosy nude as eyebrow color and the black as eyeliner.

The lasting power of the eye shadow is good. In my opinion it could be longer for such an expensive product but I am still okay with it because I do not touch my face much during the day. When I know that I will have a very long day I apply eye shadow base underneath just to be on the safe side as I do not do any touch ups during the afternoon.

Summing up:

Pros:
  • Beautiful Product
  • Six useful colors for many different looks
Cons:
  • Price!
  • Lasting Power could be a little bit longer.

Have you tried any of the Guerlain eye shadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...