Saturday, January 10, 2015

Happy New Year

My little pocket calender
Happy New Year to Everyone!
I can not believe that we are in 2015 already. The last year has passed so fast that I am not sure where I was. Seriously I still feel like I am 25 but I am not!

Today I wanted to take a moment to review 2014 and to share my plans for 2015.

I started this blog in February 2014 because I wanted to share what I love in beauty and fashion while giving you a glimpse of my other passions such as baking and travelling. I honestly enjoy every post I write and I am deeply sorry for not being able to blog all the time but what I post comes from all my heart. I do not want to junk this blog with things just in order to post something. The quality about what I write and and what I talk about matters to me. Though I am planning to be more available in 2015.

Front View
Side View
For me 2014 was a year of transition. From a point that I was not sure where I am exactly heading (I mean that not in a bad way) to a point that I know what I would like to achieve. It helped me to look at what I like and what I dream about to understand what I want. Not everything in life turns out exactly as planned but it helps me to have the main plan.
How did all that happen, you might wonder? During last year I had a serious back injury that forced me to go three times a week to a physiotherapist to get treatment for an hour each time. While I lay there with pain the doctor told me that I am not taking enough care of myself. I should do more sport and sit less in front of the computer and I should definitely reduce stress. I started thinking about that. Trying to figure out what I enjoy doing and what not in order to be more at ease. Once the thoughts started to turn inside my head I started to set different priorities. Allowing myself to do things that I love, taking myself enough time to rest and to reduce stress for example by disconnecting my work email from my smartphone (Yes, I did it and I do not regret!).
I have to say that I am definitely happier today and I am very thankful that my wonderful husband is always supporting me.

So now we are heading into 2015. What are my New Years resolutions?

  • Be thankful for what I have
  • Be there for family and friends
  • Spend lots of time with my sweet dog
  • Try to be more minimalist (I do not need tons of cloths and makeup, even though I often think I do, especially when entering a department store)
  • Get rid of things that are not need and do not buy things that are not needed :-)
  • Allocate time correctly to make most of everything
  • Always give 100% of myself
Love,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...