Saturday, January 31, 2015

Brioche



I have spend the weekend baking one of my favorite breads. It is the French brioche (sweet white bread). I love it so much I needed to share the recipe and a few pictures.

Here is what you need:
  • 500gr of flour
  • 1 Egg
  • 15gr of fresh yeast
  • 100gr sugar
  • 60gr of butter
  • 125ml sweet cream
  • 150ml milk
  • Tiny little bit of salt
  • 1 yolk

Instructions:
  1. Mix flour, sugar, salt and egg in a bowl.
  2. Melt the yeast in a bit of the cream in a separate bowl. Once all is smooth add the rest of the cream and then add the milk.
  3. Add cream/milk/yest into the flour/sugar/egg mixture.
  4. Add the butter in small pieces.
  5. Knead everything well.
  6. Form a ball and let dough rest for an hour.
  7. Knead dough one more time and bring it into its final shape. Cover dough with yolk.
  8. Let dough rest for another half hour.
  9. Bake at 170C for 15 minutes
As you saw in the first picture I chose to bake small brioches. From step 7 on you can see what I did step by step. To prepare small brioches I created a total of 12 dough balls which I braided into small breads. I baked the brioches in a muffin form but you can bake them also as they are or make one big brioche.

Here are some of my dough balls.

Out of each and every one of them I created 3 ropes.

I attached them at the top and braided a small bread.



Then the breads went into a muffin form covered with yolk to rest another half hour. 

Afterwards I baked the brioches for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Remember that the baking time increases if you chose to prepare one big brioche.

Here they are fresh from the oven!


They are so tasty! I can only recommend you to try the recipe!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...