Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Weekend in July

Wow time has passed so fast lately. We are already in July! I can remember it was just Easter not too long ago.

Here in Israel it started to be very hot over the last weeks. The only way to get away from this heat is to stay home with the AC on or go to the beach and refresh in the water. What I love about summer is the beach and the light summer cloths. The heat and the sweating is not really my thing.

We have adopted a little homeless dog during May because we felt so lonely without our little sweetheart who died a few month ago.
So its time to welcome Ruby, he is about a year old and was found on the street before he came to us.

People can be so cruel. I can not understand how one can be so heartless. Now Ruby has a new home with us. He is such a quiet and friendly dog that we are happy to have him. The only but is that he needs a lot of training because he is still young and his manners are not always the best. So I spend most of my free time with him teaching and training him. That is a reason why I am writing less.

Last night I tried a new recipe for baking macarons. I love those cookies so much. They are unbelievably tasty. Unfortunately they are more difficult to prepare than I initially thought. It took me around 6 tries to find the right way to get them just right. I tried it 5 time with French meringue and did not succeed so well (well, I succeeded better at the fifth time than in the beginning but it was still far from the pictures.). Yesterday I took a different recipe using Italian meringue and the results surprised me in such a good way that I decided to share the photos with you. If you ever think about preparing macarons go straight away to a recipe using Italian meringue! It is more difficult but the results are far better!  
baking time...
Macaron shells right from the oven
Finally filled with ganache
From another angle
Macarons in box

Have a lovely weekend. During the next days I will write about Jo Malone and the concept of fragrance combining which I am very fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...