Saturday, June 21, 2014

Favorite Bags


Bags, Bags, Bags...
I guess every women has more bags than she actually needs. I also do but I realized over the past year that even though I have quite a nice number of bags that I am mainly returning day in day out to the same ones.

There are two types of women. One group that uses a bag as a key piece of their outfit often in accent colors and with interesting shapes making the bag an eye-catcher. The other type of women has a bag fitting the outfit but is not the main statement piece. Mainly those bags are black, brown or in other neutrals ready to be worn with almost anything.
I am the second type of person. I love bags that can go with anything! I personally find it pity having a lovely bag which fits only with one specific dress. Bags tend to be expensive if you purchase in the higher quality level. So I try to get the most wear out of my bag. Yes, I have to say that - I really hate cheap bags which break after one or two weeks! I think it is such a waste! In my opinion it makes more sense to pay a bit more (if that is possible) and to get a reasonable quality. Anyway, I do not want to discuss here what is right and wrong but rather show you my two favorite bags.


I am all in love with the Longchamp Pilage. The Longchamp Pilage is a very light bag with almost no weight. The straps are made from leather and the bag itself is made from nylon (Note: Easy to clean). I like that it has almost no weight of its own because I have bags which are very heavy thanks to the leather they are made of and when I put my stuff inside they are just unbearably heavy.
Another advantage of the Pilage is that you can fold it easily and put it away when not needed. This is especially handy on a trip if you need a big and a small bag. One of them can be folded up without being damaged.


The Pilage exists in almost all thinkable colors including neutrals and bright colors. The same goes for sizes. Many different sizes are available as well as different strap lengths. There is something for everybody.

I own the shopper version (33x32x19 in cm) with the long straps. I like long straps to carry my bag over my shoulder. The color is of a greyish blue which does not exist any longer.
The smaller Pilage (25x25x14 in cm) is a personalized version (yes, you can also personalize a bag!) with my initials in black and brown. The straps are long here as well.


Both bags are my work horses. If I have only a few things to carry around as wallet, keys, phone, cardigan and book or iPad the small bag is enough (there is even some room left). On days that I carry around a laptop (15inch) with charger plus all the above the larger bag is the one I am going with.
In therms of room the Pilage is wonderful, I always manage to get in everything that I need.

As I mentioned earlier I am using those two bags in alternations almost on a daily basis and they are still in great shape. The quality is really good (Note: I am not the gentlest person with my bags).

Do you have a favorite bag?
Happy Weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...