Friday, December 4, 2015

Guerlain KISS KISS in Very Pink and Red on Fire


Guerlain KISS KISS lipsticks are very popular for more than a year now. Though I have not purchased any of them once they came out because I had enough lipsticks at that point in time.

A month ago when I was looking for a new lipstick I passed the Guerlain counter and tried KISS KISS in several colors. They have a very nice color selection from light pink to deep red. KISS KISS retails for 37 Euros.

I was looking for something pink but not too pink which is why I tried "Very Pink". "Red on Fire" was a spontaneous choice. I liked the red because it is not too red for me. In addition to that it has glitter inside! It is difficult to tell from the photos but believe me the color is amazing.


"Very Pink" is a color with a pink undertone which can be worn casually without being starred at in the middle of the day. I have light skin and blond hair and the color gives a nice contrast to my blue eyes.
"Red on Fire" is a red that is not too dark for me. I can wear it during the day without feeling too colorful. Here is how both colors look on my hand.


Both colors apply easy and stay put for a few good hours. I prefer applying them with a lip liner.
For me they hold on all morning and I need to refresh the color only after lunch. From then on the color stays till the early evening. The lasting power is absolutely fine with me. The color does not dry out the lips and also does not make the lips feel tense. Basically you do not feel that you wear any lipstick. The marks on cups and glasses that you might leave when drinking are minimal.

The packaging of the lipsticks is black with gold on the cap. The packaging is made from plastic but still looks fancy. They also take less space in my makeup bag because they do not have the heavy silver packaging that Guerlain uses for some other of its lipsticks.



Summing up:

Pros:

·                     Large Color selection
·                     Good Lasting power
·                     Lips feel moisturized throughout the day

Cons:
·                     Price



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...